3 March - 31 March 2022
Stage 1 of the Zenergy Diploma: The Art of Facilitation will be delivered online via five sessions (one day per week) in March 2022. This sessions begin on Thursday 3 March and continues on consecutive Thursdays, concluding Thursday 31 March. Session times are 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia time, AEDT). This experiential facilitation training is based on The Art of Facilitation (Hunter, 2007) with additional online facilitation content.
The need for effective online facilitation has become increasingly apparent over the last two years. We need new ways of working together, bringing our humanity and whole-person presence to this online world.
Participants will gain an embodied understanding of whole-person facilitation in an online environment, and will develop skills in creating connection and accessing collective intelligence. Participants will practice facilitating groups to achieve their purpose.
Course outline and dates
Session 1: Creating the program
- Thursday 3 March, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia / UTC +11 hours)
Session 2: Facilitating Self and Others
- Thursday 10 March, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia / UTC +11 hours)
Session 3: Making Interventions
- Thursday 17 March, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia / UTC +11 hours)
Session 4: Facilitating Challenges
- Thursday 24 March, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia / UTC +11 hours)
Session 5: Integration and Assessment
- Thursday 31 March, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia / UTC +11 hours)
The course will be delivered using Zoom Video Conferencing (participants do not need a paid account). We also use online collaboration tools including Google Drive and Jamboard, and WhatsApp for connecting as a group between sessions. We may also explore other collaboration platforms of interest to participants.
- Understand whole-person online facilitation (including barriers and opportunities)
- Understand the role of a facilitator and group development cycles
- Create an empowering group purpose and safe group culture
- Explore aspects of whole personhood and being present to self, others and the group
- Recognise and work with different energy levels in self, others and the group
- Practise facilitation processes, techniques and interventions in a group
- Become comfortable with a range of behaviours and effectively manage conflict
- Practice online facilitation and working with online collaboration platforms
- Learning together with other facilitation professionals
- Create meaningful connections online
Who is it for?
The Art of Facilitation has been developed for experienced facilitators working in government, community and/or business sectors. It is also suitable for team leaders, community facilitators, consultants and emerging facilitators and will be adapted to meet the specific needs of the group.
The group will have a maximum of 12 participants.
Laurel joined Zenergy as a trainer in 2016 after completing the Zenergy Diploma in 2010 and using the materials in the corporate world for many years. She uses a social-ecological lens to help people make connections between social, environmental and economic equity. She has 15 years’ experience in Educating for Sustainability, collaborating to train 2000 teachers around Australia to integrate sustainability principles across occupational sectors. She is a mentor in Al Gore’s Climate Reality program, runs deep ecology, values and Eco Intelligence workshops and supports community regenerative projects across Australia. Laurel lives and works from Dja dja Wurrung country in Central Victoria.
Laurel sees Zenergy facilitation as an essential skill set for those working in social and ecological change.
Ross brings a natural-systems perspective to his Zenergy facilitation training, supporting individual and collective transformation aligned with whole people cooperating in a sustainable world. He is strategic, creative and deeply curious. Ross also provides strategy and engagement services to organisations protecting and enhancing natural systems and supporting community health and wellbeing. He has a technical background in water management and ecological design
Ross was born on Noongar (Wudjari) Country in South-West Western Australia and lives on Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri Willam) Country in Melbourne. He has supported and co-delivered Zenergy facilitation training since 2019.
$2,500 AUD ex. GST (corporate, business and government)
$1,800 AUD ex. GST (community and not-for-profit)
$750 AUD ex. GST (reviewer - someone who has done this course before)
Inquire about student and low income price availability
Early Bird: 10% discount if registered and payment confirmed by 10 February, 2022.
- The Art of Facilitation (publication) by Dale Hunter & colleagues
- Course manual
- 40 hours of experiential training
- Certificate of attendance
Please fill out form below to sign up to the course or get in touch to ask for information