June 13 - August 1, 2023
Stage 1 of the Zenergy Diploma: The Art of Facilitation (40 hours) will run over eight weekly 4 hour sessions starting Tuesday June 13 to Tuesday August 1 2023. Online session times are 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia time, AEST). The training will also include 8 hours essential off line content and practical work between each session. This experiential facilitation training is based on The Art of Facilitation (Hunter, 2007).
The need for ongoing effective online facilitation has become increasingly apparent over the past few years. We need new ways of working together, bringing our humanity and whole-person presence to this online world. Participants will gain an embodied understanding of whole-person facilitation, developing skills in building relationships and accessing collective intelligence for the greater good of the teams, groups and communities in which they work. A central focus of the training is to provide participants the opportunity to build confidence by practicing their facilitation in the safety of a supportive group without being exhausted or overwhelmed.
Course outline and dates
Format Art of Facilitation: Eight Afternoons/ Evenings / or Mornings depending on your time zone
Our standard programme normally runs over five days (40 hours) in-person with a theme for each day: Creating the Programme, Facilitating Self and Others, Making Interventions, Facilitating Challenges, Integration and Assessment. For this course we have spread the training over eight 'afternoons' of four hours (32 Hours), with eight hours essential content and practical work off-line between sessions. Same content, different format. Our aim for the online structure is to evolve the program delivery while maintaining the integrity of the course content. Online enables greater accessibility for participants by offering it in different time zones with shorter sessions, with self selected timing for between session work. In this way the potetial for zoom fatigue is decreased and participants are upskilled with the whole person facilitation skills and attributes needed for the emerging world.
Time Zones Tuesday June 13 - Tuesday August 1, 2023:
- 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm (Melbourne, Australia)
- 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm (Auckland, NZ)
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm (London, UK )
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (Madrid, Spain)
- 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm (Singapore)
- June 13 Session 1: Creating the programme
- June 20 Session 2: Programme Frames
- June 27 Session 3: Facilitating Self and Others
- July 4 Session 4: Making Interventions (Halfway review)
- July 11 Session 5: Making Interventions 2
- July 18 Session 6: Facilitating Challenges
- July 25 Session 7: Personal Facilitation Practice
- Aug 1 Session 8: Reflection, Integration and Assessment
The course will be delivered using Zoom Video Conferencing (participants do not need a paid account). We also use online collaboration tools including Google Drive and Jamboard, and WhatsApp for connecting as a group between sessions. We may also explore other collaboration platforms of interest to participants.
- Understand whole-person online facilitation (including barriers and opportunities)
- Understand the role of a facilitator and group development cycles
- Create an empowering group purpose and safe group culture
- Explore aspects of whole personhood and being present to self, others and the group
- Recognise and work with different energy levels in self, others and the group
- Practise facilitation processes, techniques and interventions in a group
- Become comfortable with a range of behaviours and effectively manage conflict
- Practice online facilitation and working with online collaboration platforms
- Learning together with other facilitation professionals
- Create meaningful connections online
Who is it for?
The Art of Facilitation has been developed for facilitators with varying levels of facilitation experience working in government, community and/or business sectors as it meets people at their own level of expertise. It is also suitable for team leaders, community facilitators, consultants and emerging facilitators and will be adapted to meet the specific needs of the group.
The group will have a maximum of 12 participants.
Laurel joined Zenergy as a trainer in 2016 after completing the Zenergy Diploma in 2010 and using the materials in the corporate world for many years. She uses a social-ecological lens to help people make connections between social, environmental and economic equity. She has 15 years’ experience in Educating for Sustainability, collaborating to train 2000 teachers around Australia to integrate sustainability principles across occupational sectors. She runs leadership training (Courage to Lead) and sustainability leadership training. A mentor in Al Gore’s Climate Reality program, she also delivers deep ecology, values and Eco Intelligence workshops and supports community regenerative projects across Australia. Laurel lives and works from Dja dja Wurrung country in Central Victoria.
Laurel sees Zenergy facilitation as an essential skill set for those working in social and ecological change.
Corina is on our Zenergy Trainer based in Europe. She will be co-hosting our next Stage 1 online alongside Laurel Freeland. Corina has been using whole person technology for the last 20 years to get teams into flow and unleash their collective intelligence to solve their biggest challenges and serve their purpose. Corina is super passionate about helping facilitators, project managers, leaders and entrepreneurs uplevel their collaboration skills be it online or in person. We are glad to have Corina on our AU team course.
$2,500 AUD ex. GST (corporate, business and government)
$1,800 AUD ex. GST (community and not-for-profit)
$750 AUD ex. GST (reviewer - someone who has done this course before)
Inquire about student and low income price availability
UK 1500 GBP EURO 1750 (corporate business and government) Please enquire for not-for-profit
Early Bird: 10% discount if registered and payment received three weeks prior the course commencement
- Soft copy of Participant Course manual
- 40 hours of experiential training
- Certificate of attendance