The Art of Facilitation (Stage 1) Programme is a practical facilitation skills training programme held over 3.5 days.
The programme provides a whole person framework (philosophy and methodology) and experiential skills training in group facilitation. Participants develop the skills and ability to facilitate any group to meet its purpose.
The experiential nature of the workshop will introduce participants to the attitudes, personal qualities and presence that distinguishes a person centered facilitator, grounded in place, space and grace. Participants are coached and receive feedback from programme leaders and participants as they facilitate the group.
You will learn how to:
- Understand the role of a facilitator and the group development cycles.
- Clarify, identify and create a group purpose.
- Create a safe and empowering group culture.
- Learn the whole personhood approach and be present to self, others and the group.
- Practice a range of interventions, processes and techniques appropriately within the group.
- Be comfortable with a wide range of behaviors and handle conflict effectively.
- Recognise and work with different energy levels in self, others and the group.
Comments from participants
"The passion, committment, intent and purpose bringing experience, focus and momentum to the workshop whilst capturing (intuiting, thinking, feeling etc.) and promoting the potential energy and richness within the group. this created a warm, challenging and life changing learning and experience. Most powerful course I've ever participated in."
Ross Campion, QuestCoach, London
"...I feel as though some of the most valuable learnings are somehow integrated into my being already. Both trainers were excellent role models, especially in the very crucial aspect of allowing the group intelligence to emerge. The programme has been inspiring and I've got much more than I bargained for. I'm really excited to apply some of the insights & learnings from the programme."
Barney Rivers, Environment Waikato, Hamilton